Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MySQL, Visual Basic 2008 and Networking

I'm chugging along...slowly but surely with my classes. I'm caught up on them but have projects due just about every week. It really was a slow start being out the week that the Evacuees were housed at Wallace State College but I'm feeling better after having met for two more classes. At first I was having a hard time navigating in Visual Basic. I've finally caught on to where the files are for what and now my biggest problem is clutter from keeping multiple copies of my projects. I really need to do something about that. I am really enjoying the Database Design class. We are using the MySQL for querying and I've really enjoyed all that though I must say at first the typing was making me nuts until I learned to type in Notepad and then cut and paste it into MySQL to test. Saves alot of time typing and grief. Networking class has been fun even though its an 8am class. I'd like to work on getting far enough ahead to not worry much about it.

No comments: